- 3 cups water
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 amla roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper corns
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- ¼ teaspoon ajwain
- 1 inch fresh turmeric
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a pan add water, fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped amla, cloves, black pepper corns, cinnamon stick and let it boil for couple of minutes.
- Crush or grate fresh turmeric and ginger.
- Now add them in the boiling water and let them simmer on medium flame for 5 minutes.
- The water will reduce to 2 cups and the colour of the kada will become slightly dark.
- Cover it with a lid and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Finally add honey and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
- Can replace jaggery with honey or sugar.
- If you dont have fresh turmeric then replace it with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder