- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- ¼ cup dry coconut thinly sliced
- 20-25 curry leaves
- ½ cup roasted chana
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin/jeera powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mango/amchoor powder
- 4 cups murmura/puffed rice
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a large kadai heat oil and then add the raw peanuts and roast them on medium flame for 3-4 minutes while stirring it occasionally till it gets slightly dark in colour.
- Now add the thinly sliced coconut and roast for 2-3 minutes till it gets a light golden colour and turns aromatic.
- Now add the curry leaves and roast them for a minute, they will turn crunchy.
- Further add the roasted chana and raisins and roast for another minute.
- Add the dried spices, turmeric powder, red chili powder, dry mango powder, cumin powder and roast for a minute.
- Finally add the murmura, salt and powdered sugar. Mix till everything is well combined.
- Roast them for 3-4 minutes until the murmuras become crunchy.
- Let it cool down completely before storing in an airtight container for upto 2 months.
- You can adjust the spices as per your taste.
- Can add any nuts and dried fruits of your choice.