- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- ¼ cup dry coconut thinly sliced
- 20-25 curry leaves
- ½ cup roasted chana
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin/jeera powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mango/amchoor powder
- 4 cups murmura/puffed rice
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a large kadai heat oil and then add the raw peanuts and roast them on medium flame for 3-4 minutes while stirring it occasionally till it gets slightly dark in colour.
- Now add the thinly sliced coconut and roast for 2-3 minutes till it gets a light golden colour and turns aromatic.
- Now add the curry leaves and roast them for a minute, they will turn crunchy.
- Further add the roasted chana and raisins and roast for another minute.
- Add the dried spices, turmeric powder, red chili powder, dry mango powder, cumin powder and roast for a minute.
- Finally add the murmura, salt and powdered sugar. Mix till everything is well combined.
- Roast them for 3-4 minutes until the murmuras become crunchy.
- Let it cool down completely before storing in an airtight container for upto 2 months.
- You can adjust the spices as per your taste.
- Can add any nuts and dried fruits of your choice.
This looks so tasty. It would taste delicious with evening tea.
Yes its yummy and healthy too. Everyone at my home loves it.