Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 4 cups (200g) poha/flattened rice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- ½ cup cashews slit in half
- ½ cup almonds slit in half
- ¼ cup dry coconut thinly sliced
- ¼ cup roasted chana dal
- 20-22 curry leaves
- 2 green chillies roughly chopped
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon amchoor powder
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- salt to tatse
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a heavy bottom pan add poha and dry roast it for 3-4 minutes on medium -low flame till it becomes crunchy. Once done, remove it in a bowl.
- In the same pan add oil and once it becomes hot add raw peanuts and roast them for 4-5 minutes till, they are almost 60-70 percent done. They will become slightly dark in colour.
- Now add almonds and cashews and roast them for 2-3 minutes or till they get a light golden colour.
- Further add roasted chana dal and thinly sliced dry coconut and roast them for another 2 minutes.
- Now add curry leaves and green chillies ( I have removed the seeds from the chillies) Roast them till become crispy.
- Add raisins and cook for another minute.
- Lastly add all the spices, turmeric powder, amchoor powder, red chilli powder and salt and mix well. Cook for another minute.
- Add sugar and mix well
- Finally add the roasted poha and mix till everything is well combined.
- Let them cool completely before storing it in an airtight container. Can be stored for upto 1 month.
- Do not roast the poha on high flame else it will burn.
- Gently roast the poha else it will break easily.
- You can adjust the spices as per your taste.