I love quick and easy sandwich recipes. This tomato, onion and cheese sandwich is one of my most favourite because its easy to make and tastes delicious. Do give it a try I am sure you will love it. Try my other sandwich recipes too, Veg Mayo Sandwiches- 2 ways, 2 Healthy Sandwiches in 5 minutes, 2 Healthy High Protein Sandwiches, Chocolate & Cheese sandwich
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- ¼ black pepper powder
- 6 bread slices
- 2 teaspoon butter at room temperature
- 3 cheese slice
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Non stick Grill Pan- https://amzn.to/35qEpKy
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- To prepare the vegetable sandwich filling, in a bowl add chopped onions, tomatoes, green chillies.
- Now add all the spices; salt, oregano, red chili flakes and black pepper powder and mix until well combined.
- To assemble the sandwich, take 4 slices of bread and put butter on one side of each slice.
- Now add a large spoonful of the vegetable filling and evenly spread it on the bread slice.
- Top it with a cheese slice and cover it with another bread slice, the buttered part should be facing outside.
- Carefully place the sandwich on a griller or a tawa and toast until crisp and golden brown from each sides.
- Serve immediately with ketchup, chutney or garam-garam chai.
- You can add any vegetables of your choice, capsicum will taste great.
- Make sure you take room temperature butter, this will help to spread it easily.
- Skip the chillies if you are making it for the kids.