- 8-10 paan leaves. (Kalkatti or magai)
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 4 no. green cardamom
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- few ice cubes
- 4 tablespoons gulkand
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4-5 drops food colour
- 2 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups milk
- rose peats for garnishing
- pistachios for garnishing
- saffron strands for garnishing
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
Paan & Gulkand concentrate
- Take the paan leaves and remove the thick stem and roughly chop them.
- Now put the leaves in the mixer grinder along with desiccated coconut, fennel seeds, green cardamom and few ice cubes. Grind them until smooth. Add some water if needed.
- Further add gulkand, sugar and green food colour and grind once again until smooth.
- The gulkand and pan concentrate is ready. You can store it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Pan & Gulkand Drink
- In a mixer grinder add two large scoops of vanilla ice cream, 2-3 tablespoons of the pan concentrate, and milk. Grind until smooth. The refreshing pan and gulkand drink is ready.
- Garnish with rose petals, pistachios and saffron strands. Serve immediately.
- You can use kalkatti or magai paan