A perfect morning starts with hot fluffy pancakes and coffee! Here I have shared my favourite pancake recipe. And if you will follow the tips & tricks that I have mentioned here then you will get soft and fluffy pancakes every single time. Yes, I promise! Check my other breakfast recipes too, classic french toast recipe, 3 healthy breakfast under 5 min, 4 healthy smoothies, healthy granola recipe, chocolate granola, no bake granola bar.
Classic Pancake Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
Ingredients For Pancake Recipe
- 1 cup (128g) refined flour
- 3 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For Butter Milk
- 1 cup (240ml) warm milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Steps In Making Classic Pancake
- To prepare buttermilk, in a jar add room temperature milk and vinegar. Mix well and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Take a large bowl and sieve all the dry ingredients; refined flour, caster sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda and mix well.
- For wet ingredients add egg, melted butter and vanilla extract to the prepared buttermilk and mix everything together.
- Now pour all the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently fold them together. The pancake batter will not be very smooth but that is fine, don’t try to remove the small lumps by over mixing it.
- Place a nonstick pan over medium flame and add some oil and butter.
- Once it turns hot, wipe off the excess oil and butter with a tissue paper.
- Now pour around 1/2 cup of pancake batter into the pan and let it cook for around 2 minutes on medium flame.
- When small bubbles are formed on the pancake, flip the side and cook for another 2 minutes or until it gets a nice light golden brown colour on the top.
- Serve hot with butter, maple syrup, honey or powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Main Equipments Used
- Tefal Non-Stick Tawa: https://amzn.to/2XtNOJC
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
- While making buttermilk always use room temperature or slightly warm milk.
- You can replace white vinegar with a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Always prepare the wet and dry ingredients separately for this pancake recipe. Later combine both together. Do not over mix else the refined flour will release gluten and the pancakes wont be fluffy.
- Never press the pancakes after flipping them, this will remove all the air bubbles inside them and result in flat pancakes.
- Don’t add excess oil or butter while cooking the pancakes, else they will turn out greasy.
- Do not make very large pancakes, else they will cook from the outside but remain uncooked from the inside.
Step By Step In Pictures For Pancakes
1. To prepare buttermilk, in a jar add room temperature milk and vinegar.
2. Mix them together and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl sieve refined flour and powdered sugar.
4. Now add salt.
5. Add baking powder.
6. Further add baking soda.
7. Sieve everything together.
8. Mix everything and keep it aside.
9. For wet ingredients in buttermilk add egg.
10. Further add melted butter.
11. Finally add vanilla extract.
12. Mix till everything is well combined.
13. At once add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
14. Now gently fold them together. Do not over mix.
15. On a nonstick pan add some butter and oil.
16. With a tissue paper wipe off the excess oil and butter.
17. Now pour around 1/2 cup of pancake batter into the pan and let it cook for around 2 minutes on medium flame.
18. When small bubbles are formed on the pancake, flip the side and cook for another 2 minutes.
19. It has got a nice golden brown colour on the top.
20. Serve hot with butter, maple syrup, honey or powdered sugar. Enjoy!