Try this quick, simple and delicious paneer pulao recipe. Perfect for quick meals.
To Fry Paneer
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 200 paneer cut in cubes
- 2 tablespoons ghee/clarified butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 6 cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 18-20 black pepper corns
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 green chilli
- ½ cup carrots
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup red bell peppers
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 cup rice soaked in water
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ghee/clarified butter
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
To Fry Paneer
- Heat oil in a pan and add paneer cubes in it.
- Cook from each sides until golden brown. Once done, remove them in a plate.
- In a pressure cooker heat ghee.
- Now add the whole spices; bay leaves, star anise, cumin seeds, cloves, black pepper corns, cinnamon stick and sauté for few seconds.
- Add sliced onions and sauté till light golden in colour.
- Add green chilli, ginger garlic paste and cook for another minute.
- Further add chopped carrots, peas and red bell peppers. Sauté for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add salt and garam masala and mix well.
- Now add the soaked rice, water, paneer cubes and mix well.
- Lastly add a tablespoon of ghee and give it a final mix.
- Pressure cook for till 1 whistle.
- Always add the whole spices, as they add aroma and flavour.
- You can use any vegetable of your choice.
- Do not skip adding ghee in the end, it will add lot of flavour and give a nice texture to the pulao.
- For 1 cup rice, use 1.5 cups water.