- ¾ cup ghee/clarified butter
- 8-10 cashews
- 8-10 almonds
- 2 tablespoons raisins/kismish
- 1 cup suji/rawa/semolina
- 1.5 cups pineapple finely chopped
- 3.5 cups water
- 20-22 saffron strands
- ¼ teaspoon yellow food colour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
*Please read the Recipe Note section at the bottom of the recipe for measurement details.
Main Equipments Used
- Heavy bottom pan – I use the Prestige Granite 3-pcs set. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Q0OMu6
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making Pineapple Sheera
- In a pan heat 1 tablespoon ghee and roast cashews and almonds in it for 2 minutes.
- Similarly roast raisins for a minute or until they swell up. Once done remove them in a plate.
- Now add 2 tablespoons of ghee in the same kadai and roast rawa for 3-4 minutes on medium to low heat till it turns light golden and aromatic.
- In another kadai add a tablespoon of ghee and then add finely chopped pineapple along with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Roast on medium heat for 4-5 minutes until it gets a nice light golden colour.
- Further add water and bring it to a boil.
- Now add roasted rawa and while stirring it continuously cook till the rawa absorbs all the water.
- Further add sugar and let it dissolve completely.
- Now add the rest of the ghee and mix well.
- Lastly add the roasted nuts, raisins and cardamom powder.
- As the rawa begins to cool down it will slightly thicken, so don’t overcook it.
- Pineapple sheera is ready. Serve hot.
Recipe Notes For Pineapple Sheera
- In this recipe, I have not mentioned the ingredients in grams or ml, because here we have to measure everything (both dried and liquid ingredients) from the same cup or katori. You can take any cup as big or small but make sure the ratio of all the ingredients remains same. The recipe can be multiplied or divided as per the requirement.