To roast the ingredients
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 cup roasted chana dal
- ½ cup dried coconut (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup curry leaves
- 4 green chillies (finely chopped)
- oil for frying
- 4 cups poha
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pinch asafetida
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- ½ teaspoon amchoor powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
Assemble the Chivda
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Now add peanuts and roast them on medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until it turns light golden brown. Once done remove it in a plate.
- Similarly roast the almonds, cashews and roasted chana dal separately for 3-4 minutes or until they get a light brown colour.
- Roast the raisins for a minute, it will quickly swell up.
- Now roast the dried coconut for couple of minutes or until it gets light golden brown colour.
- Further roast the curry leaves for two minutes or until crispy.
- Lastly add chopped green chillies and roast them for a minute.
- To fry the poha, heat oil in a kadai. Once the oil is hot add two handfuls of poha and fry them for 10 seconds
- Once done remove the poha with the help of a strainer and drain the excess oil. Similarly fry the rest of the poha.
- To prepare the chivda masala, heat oil in a pan.
- Now add asafetida and fennel seeds and sauté the fennel seeds for few seconds.
- Switch off the flame and add all the dried spices; turmeric powder, red chilli powder, amchoor powder, chaat masala, coriander powder and cumin powder. Now mix everything well. The chivda masala is ready.
- To assemble the poha namkeen, in a large bowl add the fried poha and all the ingredients we roasted earlier along with the chivda masala. Mix till everything is well combined.
- Lastly add salt and powdered sugar and mix well.
- The delicious khatta meetha poha namkeen is ready. Let it cool down completely. You can store it in an airtight container for upto 2 months.
- Do not look the peanuts on high heat else it will remain under cooked form the inside.
- You can use any nuts of your choice.
- Fry the poha when the oil is hot, else it will soak all the oil and not turn crispy.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- Healthy oats namkeen in 2 tablespoons oil
- Khatta meetha no fry murmura namkeen recipe
- No fry Poha chivda