- 2 tablespoons ghee/clarified butter
- 2 cloves
- 4 green cardamoms
- 1 cup daliya/broken wheat
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 8-10 almonds
- 8-10 cashews
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 cup gud/jaggery powder
Please measure daliya, water and jaggery from the same cup
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a pressure cooker add ghee and once it turns hot add cloves and green cardamom and roast them for 10-15 seconds.
- Now add daliya and roast for 3-4 minutes until it gets a light brown colour and turns aromatic.
- Further add cashews, almonds, raisins and roast for a minute.
- Add hot water and jaggery powder and mix well.
- Let it simmer on medium flame for 2-3 minutes until it gets couple of boils.
- Now pressure cook for 3 whistle. Open the lid once the entire steam has been released.
- Serve hot!
- Please measure daliya, water and jaggery from the same cup. For 1 cup daliya you need 3 cups water and 1 cup jaggery. Keep this ratio in mind and you can divide or multiply the recipe as per your requirements.
- You can skip the nuts if you do not like them.
- If you dont have jaggery powder then replace it with regular jaggery, just chop it in small pieces and use.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- Gud Wale Meethe Chawal – Punjabi Style
- Healthy Daliya Pulav recipe
- Vegetable Pulav In Pressure Cooker recipe