Skip to content
Ingredients For Sabudana Kheer
- 1 litre milk
- ½ cup sabudana/tapioca/saabakki/sago
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. cashews
- 1 tbsp. almonds
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tbsp. pistachios
- ¼ tsp. cardamom powder
Steps In Making Sabudana Kheer
- Soak sabudana in water for an hour. Drain if any excess water is left.
- In a heavy bottom or a non stick kadai add milk and bring it to a boil.
- Now add soaked sabudana and keep stirring continuously as sabudana has a tendency to stick to the pan.
- Cook for at least 7-8 minutes or until the sabudana turns translucent.
- Now add the chopped dried nuts, raisins and sugar. Mix well and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the sugar is properly dissolved and the kheer has thickened.
- Finally add some cardamom powder.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
Recipe Notes For Sabudana Kheer
- Always add sabudana in hot milk. If you add it in the cold milk then it might curdle.
- After adding sabudana never cook it on high flame as sabudana has the tendency to stick to the pan.
- As the kheer cools down, it will thicken more, so switch off the flame little before your desired consistency.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
You may also like these posts