- 60g coriander seeds
- 30g dried red chillies
- 30g kashmiri dried red chilli
- 1 tablespoon fenugreek seeds/methi dana
- 3 teaspoons chana dal
- 3 teaspoons urad dal
- 3 teaspoons tuar/arhar dal
- 2 teaspoons rice
- 1 tablespoon black pepper corns
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon asafoetida/ heeng
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- On medium heat dry roast all the ingredients separately for 2-3 minutes.
- Let them cool down for 5 minutes.
- Now grind them in a mixer grinder until it forms into a smooth powder.
- Sambar masala is ready, you can store it for upto a month in an airtight container.
- Dry roast the curry leaves until crisp, there shouldn’t be any moisture left in them.