- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 6 cloves
- 10-12 cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- 8-19 cashews
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup water
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. ghee
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Once done add all the whole spices; bay leaf, cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves, cloves and cumin seeds. Roast them for 10 seconds.
- Add cashews and roast for a minute.
- Now add sliced onions for 3-4 minutes till they get a light golden colour.
- Further add ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Now add chopped carrots, peas and cauliflower. Roast all the vegetables on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add rice, which was soaked in water for 30 minutes. Roast for a minute.
- Add milk and water along with salt and mix well.
- Lastly add ghee and give it a final mix.
- Pressure cook on medium heat till 1 whistle.
- If you do not have milk then you can replace it with water.
- You can add any vegetables of your choice.