- 4 tablespoons filter coffee powder
- ½ cup (120ml) water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ cup (360ml) milk
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Stainless Steel Coffee Filter. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/354bCdz
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Add filter coffee powder to the top compartment of the coffee filter and gently press with the umbrella plunger.
- Pour boiling water into it and cover it with the lid. Let it rest for 20 minutes for coffee decoction to seep through.
- After 20 minutes, the decoction gets collected in the bottom compartment.
- Pour the desired quantity of decoction in a dabara set (traditional filter coffee set)
- Add boiling hot milk to get your perfect filter coffee.
- Do not press hard with the umbrella plunger or the water won’t be able to seep through.
- Quantity of decoction depends on how strong or light you want your coffee to be.
- Pour the milk from a height to get the frothy top.