- 800g strawberries
- 400g sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Roughly chop the strawberries.
- In a kadai add the strawberries, sugar and mix well.
- Turn on the flame and while stirring it continuously cook on medium flame.
- The sugar will start to dissolve and it will turn liquid. Keep cooking till the jam becomes thick.
- Now add lemon juice and cook for another two minutes.
- To check if its done, put a plate in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Now put some strawberry jam on it. It should have a thick consistency and shouldn’t be watery.
- Let it cool down for sometime.
- Store it in a clean, dry airtight container and the refrigerator for upto 8 months.
- Cook in a heavy bottom and wide mouth pan.
- Do not cook on high flame else it might stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Always add lemon juice to avoid crystallization.
Hi Aarti, The strawberry jam is looking so vibrant and flavorful. Shall try this recipe soon. Thanks for sharing!
Yes its delicious and preservative free. Happy to know you will try the recipe, do let me know how it turned out. Enjoy:)