- 800g strawberries
- 400g sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Roughly chop the strawberries.
- In a kadai add the strawberries, sugar and mix well.
- Turn on the flame and while stirring it continuously cook on medium flame.
- The sugar will start to dissolve and it will turn liquid. Keep cooking till the jam becomes thick.
- Now add lemon juice and cook for another two minutes.
- To check if its done, put a plate in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Now put some strawberry jam on it. It should have a thick consistency and shouldn’t be watery.
- Let it cool down for sometime.
- Store it in a clean, dry airtight container and the refrigerator for upto 8 months.
- Cook in a heavy bottom and wide mouth pan.
- Do not cook on high flame else it might stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Always add lemon juice to avoid crystallization.