- 200g dried dates/dried khajur
- 1 cup foxnuts/makhana
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter/ghee
- 2 tablespoons edible gum/gond
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup pistachios
Sugarfree Winter Milk
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons premix we prepared
- 1 pinch turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon almonds
- 1 teaspoon pistachios
- 1 teaspoon raisins
- 1 pinch nutmeg/jaifal
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
- Mixer Grinder: https://amzn.to/2DbrsH8
Steps In Making
- Deseed the dried dates and keep them aside.
- Now dry roast the makhanas in a pan for 4-5 minutes or until crispy.
- Heat ghee in a pan and once done add the edible gum and roast it on medium heat for few seconds or until it doubles in size. Once done transfer it on a plate.
- In the same ghee add cashews and roast for couple of minutes or until they get a light golden brown colour.
- Similarly roast almonds and pistachios.
- In a mixer grinder add some roasted makhanas and kjahur and grind them till they form a coarse powder. Grind them in a batch of 3, do not grind them together as the khajur have a hard texture and it will be difficult to grind them. Once done remove the mixture in a large bowl.
- In a mixer grinder add roasted almonds, cashews, pistachios and edible gum and grind them for 20-30 seconds. Do not over grind as the nuts might release it’s oil.
- Now add the nuts mixture and mix it with the kajur mixture. The premix is ready. You can store it in an airtight container and refrigerate it for upto a month.
For Sugar free winter milk
- In a pan heat the milk.
- Now add two tablespoons of the premix we prepared along with turmeric powder, cardamom powder, roughly chopped almonds, pistachios, raisins and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Boil for 3-4 minutes and then serve hot.
- The healthy sugarfree winter milk is ready.
- Do not cook the edible gum on high heat else it not cook from the inside.
- You can replace the nuts with any nuts of your choice.
- Do not overgrind the nuts, else they might release oil and the premix will become sticky.