- 500g sweet potato, boiled and cut in cubes
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon anar-dana powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon green coriander chutney
- 1 tablespoon tamarind chutney
- ¼ cup pomegranate
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Place a pan over medium flame and add oil in it.
- Once it turns hot, add the boiled sweet potato and toss it for 3-4 minutes until it gets a nice crispy brown colour.
- Now remove it in a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, anar-dana powder, black pepper powder, cumin powder, salt to taste, green coriander chutney, tamarind chutney, pomegranate, roasted sesame seeds, roasted peanuts, fresh coriander and mix until well combined.
- Lastly add a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve immediately!
- You can add any fruits of your choice in this chaat recipe.
- If you do not eat any particular ingredients during navratri then skip them.
- For the coriander chutney, i have used coriander, mint, green chillies and salt and grounded them till they formed into a fine chutney.
- For the tamarind chutney I have used tamarind and jaggery powder.