- 3 tablespoons sweet corn
- 3 tablespoons green peas
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- ¼ cup carrots
- ¼ cup beans
- 2 tablespoons schezwan sauce
- 4 boiled potatoes
- 1 green chilli
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon amchoor powder/chaat masala
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon semolina/suji
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons corn flour + ¼ cup water
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a mixer grinder add the green peas and sweet corn. Grind them till it gets a coarse texture. Do not make it into a fine paste. Now keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add finely chopped onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and sauté for another minute.
- Further add finely chopped carrots and beans and cook them for two minutes. Do not over cook.
- Now add the schezwan sauce and mix well. Transfer the mixture in a large bowl and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Now add boiled and mashed potatoes, green chilli, chilli flakes, red chilli powder, jeera powder, amchoor, garam masala, suji, rice flour, salt and fresh coriander. Mix till everything is well combined.
- Now add bread crumbs and mix well. The mixture should not be very soft. It should be firm enough so you can easily shape the veg fingers.
- Now take some mixture and roll them into medium size veg fingers.
- To coat them dip each veg finger in the corn flour slurry and them roll it into the bread crumbs.
- Keep them in the refrigerator for atleast 30 minutes before frying. You can also store them in an airtight container and freeze them for upto a month.
- Fry them in oil for 2-3 minutes or until it gets a light brown golden colour and a crispy texture form the outside.
- Immediately serve the crispy veg fingers with ketchup or chutney.
- Use finely chopped vegetables else you wont be able to shape the veg fingers properly.
- If the mixture is too soft and you are unable to form the veg fingers then add more bread crumbs.
- Refrigerate them for atleast 30 minutes before frying.
- You can add grated cheese if needed.