- 1 cup rice (soaked in water for 4 hours)
- 2 boiled potatoes
- ¼ cup capsicum finely chopped
- ¼ cup yellow bell peppers finely chopped
- ¼ cup onions finely chopped
- ¼ cup tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ginger finely chopped
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2-3 tablespoons oil for cooking
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Soak rice in water for 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain the excess water and transfer rice in a mixer grinder. Add some water and grind till it gets a fine texture.
- Further add boiled potatoes along with some water and grind till it forms into a smooth batter Now transfer the rice chilla batter into a large bowl.
- Add all the finely chopped vegetables, capsicum, yellow bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, green chillies, coriander, ginger along with cumin, salt, red chilli powder and cumin powder. Mix well. Add little water, the consistency will be medium, not very thick nor thin. The rice chilla batter is ready.
- In a non stick pan add little oil. Once it turns hot, pour 1 large ladle of the batter on top of it and gently spread so it forms into a round chilla. I generally prefer making small chillas.
- Cover them with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes until it turns golden brown from each sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney or ketchup.
- Do not make the batter very thin.
- You can make small or big chillas as per your preference.
- Add any vegetables of your choice.
- If you do not have baking soda then you can use 1 sachet eno.