- 1 teaspoon sabja seeds/ sweet basil seeds
- ½ cup water
- 12-15 almonds
- 12-15 cashews
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon pistachios, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups watermelon, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons rose syrup
- Few ice cubes
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Soak sabja seeds in water and let it rest for 10 minutes. It will absorb all the water and double in size.
- Soak almonds and cashews in water for 30 minutes. Once done, remove the skin of the almonds. Now add them in a mixer grinder along with some milk and grind till it gets a coarse texture.
- Heat milk in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Now add the almond and cashew paste we prepared earlier, along with some roughly chopped almonds, pistachios and sugar.
- Let it simmer on medium heat for couple of minutes or until the sugar dissolves completely. Keep stirring so the almonds don’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once done switch off the flame and let the badam milk cool down completely.
- In a large bowl or jug add chopped watermelons, soaked sabja seeds, chilled badam milk, rose syrup and some ice. Mix till everything is well combined. The refreshing and healthy watermelon drink is ready.
- Serve chilled.
- Make sure the watermelon is cut into small pieces, else it will be difficult to eat it.
- You can adjust the sweetness as per your taste.