Instant Bread Gulab Jamun Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 10 slices bread
- 5-6 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1 cup (240ml) water
- 10 pistachios roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 3-4 cardamom crushed
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipments Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making Instant Bread Gulab Jamun
- In a pan over medium flame add water and sugar and bring it to a boil.
- Add crushed cardamoms and rose water and boil for 4-5 minutes or till it gets a sticky texture and turns slightly thick.
- Now take the bread slices and remove all the brown edges and cut them into small pieces.
- In a large bowl or plate add the bread and few tablespoon of milk. Now knead it for 7-8 minutes or til it forms into a smooth dough.
- Make small balls of the prepared dough and form an impression in the centre. Now add a raisin and some pistachios. Gently close the gulab jamuns from all sides, making sure no cracks are left.
- In a pan/kadai add oil and once it turns hot gently add all the gulab jamuns in it.
- Keep stirring them gently with a spoon till they get a nice golden brown colour.
- Immediately add the fried gulab jamuns in the hot sugar syrup and let them cook for 2 minutes.
- Cover with a lid and let the gulab jamun soak in the sugar syrup for atleast 2 hours before serving.
- Serve hot or cold. Store them in the refrigerator for upto 4 days.
- Can use brown or white bread, just make sure it’s fresh.
- Add some malai/cream while kneading the dough for soft gulab jamuns.
- Always add little milk at a time to form the dough, else it will become very sticky.
- Always fry the gulab jamuns on medium flame else they will remain uncooked from the centre.
- Make sure the sugar syrup is hot before adding the gulab jamuns, else they wont soak the sugar syrup properly.
- Filling the centre of the gulab jamun with raisins and pistachios is optional.
Step By Step In Pictures For Instant Bread Gulab Jamun
- In a pan add water and sugar.
2. On a medium flame bring it to a boil.
3. Add crushed cardamoms.
4. Add rose water.
5. On medium flame let it simmer for 4-5 minutes till the sugar syrup is slightly thick and gets a sticky texture.
6. Remove the brown edges of the bread.
7. Chop it into small pieces.
8. In a large plate add the bread and few teaspoons of milk and form a dough.
9. Need to form a smooth dough, kneed it for 7-8 minutes. Don’t add all the milk at once else it will get very sticky.
10. The dough is soft.
11. Take a small portion of the bread dough and make a small impression in the centre.
12. Put a raisin and some chopped pistachios in it.
13. Close the gulab jamun ball and make sure it doesn’t have any cracks.
14. A smooth gulab jamun ball is ready. Similarly make all the gulab jamuns.
15. In a pan over medium flame add oil and once it’s hot add all the gulab jamuns in it.
16. On medium flame fry the gulab jamuns while gently stirring it with a spoon.
17. The gulab jamun will turn light golden in colour.
18. Fry for couple of more minutes till they get a nice golden brown colour.
19. Heat the sugar syrup and immediately put all the gulab jamuns in it.
20. Let them soak in the sugar syrup for atleast 2 hours before serving.
21. Serve hot or cold.