Healthy and quick breakfasts are always my favourite. This healthy aata chila recipe can be made in 10 minutes using very simple ingredients that are always available in our kitchens. Do try my other chila recipes, like oats chila and paneer stuffed moong dal chila.
- 1½ cup whole wheat flour/atta
- ¾ cup yoghurt/dahi
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped
- 1 medium green capsicum finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 small carrot finely chopped
- 1 boiled potato mashed
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric/haldi powder
- ¼ teaspoon dry mango/amchur powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin/jeera powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon carom seeds/ajwain
- oil for cooking
- water to prepare the batter
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making Healthy Aate Ka Chilla
- In a large bowl add whole wheat flour, curd. Now add little water at a time and mix till it forms into a smooth batter.The consistency should be medium not very thick nor runny.
- Now add all the finely chopped vegetables like onions, capsicum, tomatoes, yellow bell pepper, mashed boiled potato, green chillies, fresh coriander and mix well.
- Further add all the dried spices, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, garam masala and ajwain and mix till well combined. The batter is ready.
- In a pan over medium heat, add half a teaspoon of oil/ghee and then pour a large spoonful of atta chilla batter and spread it evenly into round shape.
- Cover it with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes from each sides.
- Serve immediately with curd, chutney or tomato ketchup.
- If you do not want to add curd then you can replace it with water.
- Add any vegetables of your choice.
- Don’t make very large chilas else it will be difficult to flip them.