- 2 cups (200g) dry macaroni
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cream
- ¼ cup cheese
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander/parsley
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
To boil the macaroni
- In a pan add water and bring it to a boil. Now add salt and olive oil further, add the macaroni and boil it on a medium flame for around 10 minutes or until soft.
- To check if the macaroni is perfectly cooked, cut it with a knife and it will easily cut.
- Take a sieve/colander and rinse the excess water and now keep it aside.
- In a pan heat oil and butter. Now add garlic, red chili flakes, oregano and cook for 2 minutes on low flame so all the flavours of the garlic and herbs is infused in the oil and butter.
- Now add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until it gets a nice golden colour.
- Further add fresh cream and mix well.
- Now add the boiled macaroni, salt, black pepper powder, cheese and and mix till everything is well combined. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Finally add chopped parsley or coriander and serve hot!
- Cook the garlic and herbs on low flame for better taste, if you will cook on high flame then the garlic might get burnt and wont release its aroma.
- You can add any cheese of your choice, processed or cheddar.
- You can add the cream and cheese together and add the boiled macaroni after the cheese melts completely. Just make sure it doesn’t stick to the pan.