- 1.5 cups gram flour/besan
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin/jeera powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon dry mango/amchoor
- salt to taste
- water as required
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger/garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander finely chopped
- 8 bread slices
- oil/ghee for cooking
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a large bowl add the gram flour, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala, salt, and dry mango powder.
- Now add little water at a time to form a smooth batter with medium consistency, not too thick or thin.
- Further add finely chopped onions, tomatoes, green chillies and coriander. Mix well.
- Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- To make the besan toast, dip a slice of bread in the prepared batter and make sure its well coated with both the sides.
- Heat oil or ghee on a tawa and place the bread slice on it. On medium flame cook for 2-3 minutes from both sides or until they get a light golden colour and are completely cooked.
- Similarly make the rest of the besan toast.
- Cut them in the desired shape and serve immediately with tomato ketchup or chutney.
- Do not make a very thin batter else it wont stick to the bread easily.
- You can use any bread of your choice.
- Never cook them on high flame, else they will remain uncooked from the inside.