- 1 cup gram flour/besan
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour/atta
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- salt to taste
- water as required
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander finely chopped
- oil as required
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a large bowl add gram flour, whole wheat flour, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt.
- Now add little water at a time to form a smooth batter of medium consistency.
- Add chopped onions, tomatoes, green chillies and fresh coriander and mix. Now let the Besan Chila batter rest for 5-10 minutes.
- On a tawa heat some oil and then take a large spoonful of the batter and spread it into a round shape.
- Cover it with a lid and cook both sides for about 2-3 minutes or until done. Add some more oil if needed.
- Serve hot with chutney, ketchup or curd.
- Whole wheat flour is a special ingredient which will make this besan chilla very soft and moist. Do not skip it.
- You can add any vegetables of your choice.
- Do not cook on high flame else the chillas will remain uncooked.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 10 Minutes Oats Chilla recipe
- Atte Ka Chilla in 10 Minutes recipe
- Paneer Stuffed Moong Dal Chilla recipe