- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic finely chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 200g mushrooms thinly sliced
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons refined flour
- 2 cups (500ml) hot water
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano or mixed herbs
- ¼ cup fresh cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or coriander finely chopped
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Heat oil and butter in a pan and add garlic. Sauté for a minute.
- Now add onions and cook them for 3-4 minutes until they turn translucent and get a golden colour.
- Further add thinly sliced mushrooms and salt. Cover it with a lid and cook for 5 minutes or unit the mushrooms turn soft.
- Now add refined flour and sauté for another minute.
- Add hot water, black pepper powder, mixed herbs and let it simmer on medium flame for 3-4 minutes or until it gets few boils.
- Once done let it cool down completely and remove 2-3 tablespoons from it. Grind the rest into a coarse texture or smooth puree as per your preference.
- Now pour the same in a pan and along with some hot water depending on the consistency you want. Bring it to a boil.
- Add fresh cream, parsley and let it simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with garlic bread.
- Can use any mushrooms of your choice.
- You can add half water and half milk.
- You can replace refined flour with whole wheat flour.
- Do not over cook after adding the cream.