Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 8-10 black pepper corns
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 8 medium red tomatoes
- 3-4 fresh coriander stems with leaves
- ¼ teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups hot water (750ml)
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- fresh cream for garnishing (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices of bread cut in small cubes
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of black pepper powder
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Preethi Zodiac Mixer Grinder: https://amzn.to/35aAi3x
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a pan add oil and once it turns hot add the bay leaf, black pepper corns, chopped garlic and ginger. Now sauté for a minute.
- Further add the sliced onions and cook them on medium flame for 2-3 minutes till they turn translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, coriander and mix well.
- Now add salt, Kashmiri red chilli powder, sugar and mix. Cover it with a lid and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the tomatoes turns soft. Check them in between occasionally.
- Further add 3 cups water and give it a good mix.
- Now let the soup simmer on medium flame for 10-12 minutes till the tomatoes are perfectly cooked.
- Once done, remove the bay leaf and let them cool down to room temperature.
- Grind them in a mixer grinder till smooth or use a hand blender.
- Now sieve the tomato soup to remove any unwanted fiber. (optional)
- In a pan pour the soup, add tomato ketchup, black pepper powder and let it simmer on medium flame for 3-4 of minutes or until it gets few boils.
- Thick and creamy tomato soup is ready.
- In a pan add oil and butter. Once it turns hot add the bread and toss on each side till it turns crispy and gets a nice golden colour.
- Sprinkle some black pepper powder and salt on top once done.
Serve Tomato Soup
- In a bowl add the hot tomato soup and top it with some bread croutons and fresh cream . Serve immediately.
- You can add carrots and beetroot too.
- I do not prefer adding the corn flour slurry but if you want then add just before the soup is done and cook for a minute or two. Do not over cook after that.
- While making the bread croutons add the butter for better crispy texture, else they will remain soft.