- 2 tablespoons ghee/clarified butter
- 2 tablespoons besan/gram flour
- ¼ teaspoon haldi/turmeric powder
- 2 cups milk (500ml)
- ½ teaspoon sauth/dry ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon /kali mirch/black pepper powder
- 6-8 almonds thinly sliced
- 8-10 kesar/saffron strands
- 2 tablespoons gud/jaggery powder
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a pan or kadai add ghee and once it turns hot add besan. Roast the besan on medium flame for 4-5 minutes until it gets a light brown colour and turns aromatic.
- Now add turmeric and roast for another minute.
- Further add little milk and give it a good mix, so it doesn’t form lumps, then add the rest of it. Now let it simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Lastly add black pepper powder, dry ginger powder, saffron strands and almonds. Let it simmer for another 3-4 minutes. The milk will begin to thicken. Keep scraping the sides in between.
- Once done switch off the flame, add jaggery and mix well.
- Serve hot.
- Will not suggest oil for this recipe, ghee is the best.
- You can use any nuts of your choice.
- You can replace jaggery with sugar or honey