Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 1 inch fresh turmeric
- 1 inch ginger piece
- 2 cups milk (500ml)
- 8-10 cloves
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper corns
- a pinch nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon honey
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Crush or grate fresh turmeric and ginger.
- Now in a pan add milk and let it simmer on medium flame till it gets a boil.
- Add the crushed turmeric and ginger and let it simmer for another couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile crush the black pepper corns and cloves to form into a coarse powder.
- Add the same in the boiling milk and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes, so the taste of the spices and fresh ginger and turmeric infuses in the milk.
- Now add a pinch of nutmeg powder and mix well.
- Lastly switch off the flame and add honey.
- Sieve the hot haldi doodh and serve immediately.
- You can replace fresh turmeric with organic turmeric powder.
- You can use dried ginger instead of fresh.
- Can use any vegan milk for this recipe, like coconut or soy milk.