Today I will be sharing a quick and very simple to make, delicious creamy malai anda curry recipe. This is one of my most favourite egg curry. It can be made with simple ingredients which are always available at home.
- 5 boiled eggs
- 2 large onions
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 green chilli
- 2 tablespoons coriander finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon kasuri methi
- 1 star anise
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 4-5 cloves
- salt to taste
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipments Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- To prepare the gravy, in a mixer grinder add the onions, garlic, green chilli and ginger with some water, till it forms into a fine paste.
- Now place a pan over medium flame and add oil, once it becomes hot, add the star anise, cinnamon stick and cloves. Further add the onion paste we prepared earlier and cook it on medium flame. Keep stirring it occasionally, else the mixture will stick to the bottom of the pan.
- After 3-4 minutes, it will lose water content and become slightly dry. Keep stirring till it gets a nice brown colour and its perfectly cooked, will take around 810 minutes. It will start to release oil from the sides once it’s done.
- Now slowly add milk and give it a good mix.
- Further add the dried spices, black pepper powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt and mix well. Now cover it with a lid and cook for couple of minutes.
- The gravy will become slightly thick, at this point add the half cut boiled eggs and give it a gentle mix. Cover it with a lid and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Once done, garnish top it with kasuri methi and fresh coriander.
- Cook the onion gravy till it gets a perfect brown colour, if left uncooked it wont taste good.
- Always add room temperature milk.
- You can replace eggs with paneer.
- The gravy will thicken after it cools down a bit, do not over cook.
Step By Step In Pictures
1. To prepare the gravy, in a mixer grinder add the onions, garlic, green chilli and ginger and 2 tablespoons of water.
2. Grind till it forms into a fine paste.
3. Place a pan over medium flame and add oil in it.
4. Once the oil turns hot add star anise, cinnamon stick and cloves.
5. Now add the onion paste we prepared earlier.
6. Keep stirring it continuously on medium flame.
7. After 3-4 minutes, it will lose water content and become slightly dry. Keep stirring till it gets a nice brown colour and its perfectly cooked, will take around 8-10 minutes.
8. It has got the perfect colour.
9. Now slowly add milk and give it a good mix.
10. Add black pepper powder.
11. Add cumin powder.
12. Add garam masala.
13. Add salt and mix well.
14. Now cover it with a lid and cook for couple of minutes.
15. The gravy has become slightly thick and creamy.
16. Gently add all the half cut eggs and put some gravy on top until the eggs are covered with the gravy.
17. Cover it with a lid and cook for couple of minutes.
18. It has started to release oil and perfectly cooked.
19. Top it with kasuri methi and fresh coriander.
20. Serve hot with chapati, paratha or rice.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.