- 1 kg curd
- 2 mangoes
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- pistachios for garnishing
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Steps In Making
- To prepare the hung curd, take a deep bowl and put a sieve on top of it.
- Now put a muslin cloth over it and transfer the curd in it. Once done, lift the muslin cloth and remove the excess water by gently squeezing it.
- Now place it on top of the sieve and cover it with a plate. Put some heavy weight on the plate so the excess water drips off.
- Now keep it in the refrigerator for upto 8-10 hours or overnight because if its kept out for too long the curd might turn sour.
- Once done remove the hung curd in a bowl and with the help of a whisk or spoon mix until smooth.
- To make the mango concentrate roughly chop a mango and transfer it in a mixer grinder. Now add sugar and grind until it forms into a smooth puree.
- Add the mango concentrate in the hung curd and gently mix the same.
- Further add finely chopped mangoes and cardamom powder and mix again.
- The mango shrikand or amrakhand is ready. Garnish with chopped mangoes and pistachios.
- Serve it chilled.
- Do not add water while grinding the mangoes else the shrikhand will become very runny.
- You can adjust the sweetness depending upon how sweet your mangoes are.