- ¾ cup ghee/clarified butter
- 12-15 roughly chopped cashews/kaju
- 2 tablespoons raisins/kismish
- 1 cup suji/rawa/semolina
- 3.5 cups water
- ½ teaspoon orange/kesari food colour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
*Please read the Recipe Note section at the bottom of the recipe for measurement details.
Main Equipments Used
- Heavy bottom pan – I use the Prestige Granite 3-pcs set. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Q0OMu6
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a pan add half the ghee and once it becomes hot add cashews and roast them till it gets light golden colour. Now remove them in a plate.
- Add raisins and roast for a minute or until they swell up. Once done remove them in a plate.
- Add rawa in the same pan and roast for 3-4 minutes on medium to low flame till it turns slightly golden in colour.
- In another kadai heat water and then add the orange food colour.
- Now add the roasted rawa and while stirring it continuously cook till the rawa absorbs all the water.
- Further add sugar in two batches. Cook until the it dissolves completely.
- Now add the rest of the ghee and mix well.
- Lastly add the roasted cashews, raisins and cardamom powder and mix well.
- As the rawa begins to cool down it will slightly thicken, so don’t overcook it.
- Serve hot.
- Store in refrigerator, in an airtight container for up to a week.
Recipe Notes For Rawa Kesari
- In this recipe, I have not mentioned the ingredients in grams or ml, because here we have to measure everything (both dried and liquid ingredients) from the same cup or katori. You can take any cup as big or small but make sure the ratio of all the ingredients remains same. The recipe can be multiplied or divided as per the requirement.