- 1 cup ghee/clarified butter
- 1 cup besan/gram flour
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 8-10 almonds roughly chopped
- 8-10 cashews roughly chopped
Please measure all the ingredients from the same cup/katori
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Heat ghee in a kadai and then add besan in it. Roast on medium flame for 7-8 minutes till it turns aromatic and gets a nice golden brown colour. Do not roast on high flame else it will burn.
- Now slowly add little milk at a time and while stirring it continuously cook till the milk is absorbed by the besan.
- Add sugar and while stirring it continuously cook till the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Further add cardamom powder, cashews and almonds.
- Lastly add a tablespoon of ghee and mix well.
- Serve hot!
- You can reduce the quantity of ghee if needed.
- Sugar can be adjusted as per your taste.
- You can use water instead of milk but I would recommend for a more richer taste and texture use milk.
- After keeping the halwa in the refrigerator if it becomes dry then add half a cup of milk and cook for 2 minutes, it will again turn soft.
- Please measure all the ingredients from the same cup/katori