- 1 kg tomatoes
- 1 cup (240ml) water
- ¼ cup (50g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup (60ml) white vinegar
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Roughly chop the tomatoes.
- Add them in a pressure cooker along with 1 cup of water. Now pressure cook till 3 whistles and let them cool down completely.
- Puree them into a fine pulp with the help of a mixer grinder or a hand blender.
- Run the pulp through a sieve to avoid any seeds and unwanted fiber.
- Let the pulp simmer on medium heat while stirring it occasionally for 8-10 minutes. It will reduce in size.
- Now add the sugar, red chili powder, salt and mix well.
- Let it simmer on low-medium flame till it thickens.
- To test if its done, take some sauce on a plate and tilt the plate a little, if there is water then cook for some more time. Do not over cook the ketchup, as it will thicken once it cools down.
- Cool down completely. Sore in a clean and dry bottle or container for upto 6 months in the refrigerator.
- Use red and juicy tomatoes for this tomato ketchup recipe
- You can adjust the sweetness and salt as per your taste.
- Do not over cook the ketchup, as it will thicken once it cools down.