Today I will be sharing an eggless mayonnaise recipe with scientific explanations and techniques along with minor details so it comes out thick and creamy every single time.
- 1 cup (240ml) oil (any flavourless oil like sunflower and canola, or virgin olive oil)
- ½ cup (120ml) chilled milk
- ½ teaspoon powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making Eggless Mayonnaise
- To make the mayonnaise we will take a narrow and long jar. Now add chilled milk, powdered sugar and salt in it and blend for 10-15 seconds.
- Further add white vinegar and Dijon mustard and oil. We have to add oil in 3 batches, so don’t add all the oil together. Now pulse for 8-10 times, do not blend for a longer time.
- The mixture will start to thicken. Later add the rest of the oil and pulse until it becomes thick and creamy.
- Can store it in the refrigerator for upto a week.
- Always use chilled milk.
- Add oil in 3 batches, if you will add all the oil together then it will start to float on top and wont be able to mix well.
- Vinegar will add flavour and also acts as a preservative.