Homemade Khoya Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- ½ cup milk (120ml)
- 1 cup (125g) milk powder
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter/ghee
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipments Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making Homemade Mawa/Khoya
- In a heavy bottom pan over medium heat add ghee and let it melt completely.
- Now add room temperature or hot milk.
- Further add milk powder in 3 batches and keep stirring it continuously. Break lumps, if any.
- The khoya mixture will begin to thicken.
- After 3-4 minutes, it will separate from the pan. Cook for another minute while stirring it continuously.
- Once it forms a ball like structure switch off the flame.
- Remove the homemade mawa/khoya in a bowl and let it cool down completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 10-12 days.
- Can use low fat or full fat milk, but full fat milk will adds a rich texture to this homemade mawa.
- For extra rich and creamy texture, you can add 2 tablespoon of cream or malai along with the milk.
- Never cook it on high flame, else it might burn.
- Keep stirring it continuously, especially when it begins to thicken and form into a ball like structure, else it might burn.
Step By Step In Pictures For Homemade Khoya Recipe
1. In a non stick pan over medium flame add ghee and let it melt completely.
2. Now add room temperature or hot milk in it.
3. Further add milk powder in 3 batches while stirring it continuously.
4. Break lumps if any and cook for around 2 minutes.
5. The mixture will begin to thicken.
6. After 3-4 minutes, it will separate from the pan. Cook for another minute while stirring it continuously.
7. Once it forms a ball like structure switch off the flame.
8. Remove it in a bowl and let it cool down completely.
9. The khoya/mawa is ready to be used.
10. Store the homemade mawa in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 10-12 days.
I love your recipes Aarti ji . Thanks for sharing them.
Thank you so much Shelly ji.. so happy to know that you are enjoying the recipes.
How much grams of khoya you got at the final?
It was around 1 cup, I did not measure it in grams.