Now you can easily make cheese popcorn and butter popcorn at home at minimum cost. These are flavourful and just tastes just like the ones we get in the theaters.
- 1 cup corn kernels/makai ke dane
- 1 tablespoon oil (canola or sunflower, any flavorless oil)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 3 tablespoons cheese powder
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Place a large kadai over medium flame and add oil and butter.
- Once the butter starts to melt add corn kernels, salt and black pepper powder and mix well.
- After a minute the corn will start to swell up which means it will begin to pop.
- Cover it with a lid and let it cook till all the corn pops.
- Keep moving the pan in between so the corns don’t burn at the bottom.
- Once done, divide the butter popcorns into half.
- In the another half add cheese powder and mix well till all the cheese is coated on the popcorns.
- Your butter and cheese popcorn are ready to be enjoyed!
- Do not cook them in a small pan else all the corns wont swell up properly.
- Do not cook on high flame, else the corn will burn.
- Always cover it with a lid and cook.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 4 Healthy Makhana Flavour recipe
- Homemade Pizza recipe -No Oven, No Yeast, No Cheese
- Potato Cheese Balls recipe