- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups macaroni
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 3 large tomatoes pureed
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons pizza/pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet corn
- ¼ cup red bell peppers finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons French beans finely chopped
- ¼ cup yellow bell peppers finely chopped
- 2 cheese cubes
- 1 cheese slice
- ¼ cup water
- 1 small cheese cube
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander
Note– Please read the recipe notes at the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
To boil the macaroni
- In a pan add water and bring it to a boil. Now add salt and macaroni and boil it on a medium flame for around 8- 10 minutes or until soft.
- To check if the macaroni is perfectly cooked, cut it with a knife and it will easily cut.
- Take a sieve/colander and rinse the excess water and now keep it aside.
For Macaroni Pasta
- Place a pan over medium flame and add oil and butter to it. Once it becomes hot, add garlic and green chillies and sauté for a minute.
- Now add onions and cook for 3-4 minutes or until light golden brown in colour.
- Add tomato puree and salt and mix well. Now cook for 3-4 minutes or until the tomatoes start to release oil from the sides.
- Now add tomato ketchup, pasta sauce, chilli flakes and oregano.
- Further, add some water and bring it to a boil.
- Now add red and yellow bell peppers, sweet corn and French beans. Sauté for a minute, do not overcook as we need the vegetables to maintain their crunch.
- Now add cheese cubes and a cheese slice and cook till the cheese melts completely. Add some water if needed.
- Now add the boiled macaroni and mix until it’s well coated with all the veggies and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Lastly sprinkle some chilli flakes, Italian seasoning and fresh coriander.
- The cheesy masala macaroni is ready. Serve hot!
- You can add any veggies of your choice, like baby corn, zucchini, or broccoli.
- Do not overcook the macaroni else it will break.
- If you want the macaroni pasta to be more sauce add some fresh cream.