- 5 boiled potatoes
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon amchoor
- salt to taste
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon gram flour/besan
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- oil for frying
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Grate the boiled potatoes with the help of a grater.
- Now add red chilli flakes, amchoor powder, salt, green chillies, gram flour and rice flour. Mix till everything is well combined.
- Make medium size tikkis, for that take some dough and roll them into a ball. Now gently press them with your palm and give it the shape of a tikki. Similarly make the rest of the tikkis.
- In a pan add oil and bring it to medium hot, now add the tikkis one at a time and shallow fry them from each side for 3 minutes or until they get a nice golden colour on top.
- Once done transfer them on a plate and serve hot with chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Always grate the potatoes rather than mashing them for a better texture.
- While frying make sure the oil is medium hot, if its too hot then the tikkis will burn and wont cook from the inside. If the oil wont be hot enough then the tikkis will absorb extra oil and wont get a crispy texture.
- Do not add excess rice flour or gram flour else the tikkis wont have a crispy texture.