Everyone loves cookies and coconut cookies are one of my all time favourite because I love coconut. These eggless coconut cookies have a nice chewy texture with the right amount of sweetness. Perfect with my hot cup of chai! Do try my other eggless cookie recipes, Eggless Nankhatai recipe, Eggless Oats and Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, Eggless Butter cookie recipe, Sugar Free Whole Wheat Biscuits recipe
- ½ cup (113g) butter, salted or unsalted (at room temperature)
- ¾ cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (100g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (128g) refined flour/maida
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3-4 tablespoons milk (at room temperature)
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- 60 Litre Oven To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2WmWVwv
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
Steps In Making Coconut Cookies
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at @150C /302F for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl add butter and with the help of a whisk or an electric hand beater beat it for a minute till it becomes creamy.
- Now add the caster sugar and beat for 2-3 minutes until. It will become fluffy and light pale in colour. Keep scraping the sides regularly.
- Now add the desiccated coconut. Sieve refined flour and baking powder and add them too.
- With the help of a spatula gently mix till everything is well combined. Do not over mix. It will have a crumbly texture.
- Now add 2-3 tablespoons of milk until the dough comes together.
- To shape the cookies, take some dough and form round balls. Now gently press and flatten them. I weight my cookie balls, its 30g each. You will get 16 cookies from this recipe.
- In a plate add desiccated coconut and roll the top of the cookies in it.
- Place the coconut cookies on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Put the tray in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes before baking.
- Place the tray in the middle rack, in a preheated oven. Bake for 15-16 minutes at 150C/ 302F or until it gets a light golden colour on the top.
- Once done, the sides will become slightly hard but the center will still be little soft. Once it cools down, it will become firm.
- To bake it on a gas stove, place a kadai on medium flame and add regular salt and then place a rack on it. Now cover it with a lid and let it heat for 10 minutes.
- Now carefully place the plate of coconut cookies in the hot kadai.
- Cover it with a lid and bake on low flame for around 18-20 minutes or until it gets a light golden colour.
- Store for upto 15 days in a airtight container.
- You can not use fresh coconut for these coconut cookies.
- You can replace caster sugar with powdered sugar.
- Do not over mix the dough else the coconut cookies will become hard and dense.
- Every oven is different, so try and check the cookies couple of minutes before the given time.
- Always place the baking tray in the middle rack, and use the baking mode, when both the rods are on, this will give you even baking from all sides.
- If you do not have parchment paper then grease the tray with ghee or butter and dust with refined flour.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- Eggless Nankhatai recipe
- Eggless Oats and Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe
- Eggless Butter cookies recipe