Healthy and delicious Oats & Chocolate chip cookie without any refined flour. We have replaced the refined flour with gram flour. Its gluten free and oh so delicious.
Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 1 cup (90g) instant or rolled oats
- ¾ cup (96g) gram flour/besan
- ¼ cup (60ml) ghee/clarified butter
- ¼ cup (50g) brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- 60 Litre Oven To Buy Click Here: https://amzn.to/2WmWVwv
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
Steps In Making
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at @160C /320F for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl add ghee and brown sugar. Beat for 3-4 minutes or till it gets a fluffy and light texture.
- Sieve the gram flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and add into the wet ingredients.
- Now add oats, chocolate chips and raisins and mix till well combined.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of milk and mix till it forms into a dough.
- To make the cookies, take some dough and form round balls. Now gently press and flatten them a little from the top.
- Place the oats cookies on a tray lined with parchment paper. Top the cookies with some chocolate chips.
- Place the tray in the middle rack, in a preheated oven. Bake for 12-14 minutes at 160C/ 320F or until it gets a light golden colour on the top.
- Once done, the sides will become slightly hard but the center will still be little soft. Once it cools down, it will become firm.
- To bake it on a gas stove, place a kadai on medium flame and add regular salt and then place a rack on it. Now cover it with a lid and let it heat for 10 minutes.
- Now carefully place the plate of oats cookies in the hot kadai.
- Cover it with a lid and bake on low flame for around 18-20 minutes or until it gets a light golden colour.
- Store for upto 15 days in a airtight container.
- You can replace ghee with unsalted butter
- You can replace brown sugar with jaggery powder.
- Do not knead the mixture else the oats cookies will become hard, just mix till well combined.
- You can add almonds, cashews or any nuts of your choice.
- Every oven is different, so try and check the cookies couple of minutes before the given time.
- Always place the baking tray in the middle rack, and use the baking mode, when both the rods are on, this will give you even baking from all sides.
- If you do not have parchment paper then grease the tray with ghee or butter and dust with refined flour.
Step By Step In Pictures
1. In a large bowl add brown sugar and ghee.
2. Beat for 3-4 minutes or till it gets a fluffy and light texture.
3. This looks perfect.
4. Sieve the gram flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
5. Add oats and mix well.
6. Further add dark chocolate chip and raisins.
7. Add 3-4 tablespoons of milk.
8. Mix well till it comes together.
9. The cookie dough has got a perfect consistency now.
10. Take some dough and form round balls and then press them a little.
11. Place the oats cookies on a tray lined with parchment paper. Top the cookies with some chocolate chips. Bake them for 12-14 minutes at 160 C.
12. Once baked, place the cookies on a wire rack and let them cool down completely.
13. To bake it on a gas stove, place a kadai on medium flame and add regular salt and then place a rack on it. Now cover it with a lid and let it heat for 10 minutes.
14. Now carefully place the plate in the hot kadai.
15. Cover it with a lid and bake on low flame for around 18-20 minutes or until it gets a light golden colour.
16. Once the cookies are baked it will get a nice golden colour on the top and bottom. Now remove them from the kadai and let them cool down completely.