- 1 cup (200g) ginger
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- Lemon zest of 1 lemon
- Ice cubes
- Mint leaves
- Lemon slices
- Chilled water or soda
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Peal ginger and thoroughly wash it.
- Now roughly chop them into small pieces.
- Once done add it in a mixer grinder along with some water and grind till it turns smooth.
- Remove the mixture in a sauce pan, add water, sugar and lemon zest. Now let it simmer on medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Keep stirring it occasionally.
- Once the mixture reduces to 3/4th, it will thicken in texture and become dark in colour. Now switch off the flame and cover it with a lid and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Now sieve the entire ginger concentrate and let it cool down completely.
- The concentrated ginger ale is ready. Store in a clean glass bottle in the refrigerator for upto a month.
- To prepare a glass of ginger ale, in a glass add ice cubes, mint leaves and 2 tablespoons of ginger ale concentrate. Now add chilled water or soda and give it a nice stir.
- Serve chilled.
- You can add black salt and lemon juice too while serving if you like the taste.