Matar Paneer Roastie
- 1 cup suji/ semolina
- ½ cup yoghurt
- 1½ cup water
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 green chillies
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ¼ cup green capsicum
- ¼ cup yellow bell peppers
- ¼ cup red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons French beans
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning/oregano
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 100g paneer/cottage cheese
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
- 1 sachet fruit salt
- oil for cooking
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 3 green chillies
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 small piece ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons roasted chana dal
- 1 tablespoon curd
- water as required
- salt to taste
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a large bowl add suji, yoghurt and water. Now mix well and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- To make the peas mixture, in a mixer grinder add green peas, ginger, green chilli and a tablespoon of water. Do not add lot of water, as we need thick consistency for this mixture. Now grind until it gets a coarse texture.
- To make the peas mixture in a pan heat oil and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Now add finely chopped onions and cook them for 2 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and cook for another minute.
- Further add the green peas mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add finely chopped capsicum, yellow and red bell peppers, French beans and cook them for couple of minutes. Do not over cook them as we need the crunch of the vegetables.
- Now add the spices like cumin powder, red chilli powder, red chilli flakes, Italian seasoning and mix well.
- Further add grated paneer, salt and mix till everything is well combined. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- The matar paneer mixture is ready. Now let it cool down completely.
- Now in the suji bowl add the matar paneer mixture, fresh coriander and mix well.
- Add some water if needed till it gets a medium consistency. The batter shouldn’t be very thick nor thin.
- Finally add the fruit salt and a tablespoon of water and give it a gentle mix.
- To make the paneer roasties, in a pan add oil and pour a large spoonful of the mixture in it.
- Cover it with a lid and cook from both slides for 3-4 minutes or till it gets a crispy texture and golden brown colour.
- Matar paneer roastie is ready, serve it with the chutney we prepared.
- To prepare the green chutney in a mixer grinder add fresh coriander, green chillies, garlic, ginger, cumin seeds, sugar, lemon juice, roasted chana dal, curd, salt and water.
- Now grind until smooth, the green chutney is ready.
- You can use carrots or peas too, they taste delicious.
- After adding the fruit salt do not let the batter rest for long, cook it immediately.