- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons carrots, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweet corn
- 3 tablespoons french beans, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons green capsicum, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons yellow bell peppers, finely chopped
- ½ cup cabbage
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons chilli sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons spring onions, finely chopped
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a kadai heat oil and butter.
- Now add finely chopped garlic and ginger and sauté for a minute.
- Now add spring onions and cook for another minute.
- Further add all the chopped vegetables; carrots, french beans, green capsicum, red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, sweet corn and cabbage. Cook everything for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add hot water and bring it to a boil.
- Further add tomato ketchup, green chilli sauce, white vinegar, black pepper powder and salt.
- To make the vegetable soup thick, we will add corn flour slurry. To prepare the slurry in a bowl add corn flour and water and mix until smooth. Add the slurry in the soup while stirring it continuously to avoid any lumps.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and then add some spring onions.
- Hot vegetable soup is ready. Serve immediately.
- You can add any vegetable of your choice.
- I highly recommend you add the sauce for a better flavour.