Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
- 2 tablespoons ghee/clarified butter
- 8-10 black pepper corns (optional)
- 5-6 cloves
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon sauf/fennel seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons dry coconut thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250g) rice soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 cup (200g) gud/jaggery powder
- 2 ½ cups water
- 4 green cardamoms
- 1 tablespoon ghee/clarified butter
Measure rice, jaggery and water from the same glass/bowl
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- In a pressure cooker add ghee and once it turns hot add black pepper corns, cloves, cinnamon stick, bay leaf and fennel seeds and roast them for a minute.
- Now add cashews, almonds and dried coconut. Roast them for a minute or until they get a light golden colour.
- Now add raisins and stir for few seconds till they swell up. Do not over cook else they might burn.
- Add soaked rice and and give it a gently mix. Roast them with ghee and dry fruits for a minute.
- Now add jaggery powder and water and bring it to a boil.
- Lastly add cardamom pods and ghee and mix again. Now pressure cook for 1 whistle. Open the lid once the entire steam has been released.
- Serve hot!
- You can vary the amount of jaggery as per your taste.
- If you don’t have jaggery powder then cut the jaggery in small pieces and use them. You can also add jaggery in a pan along with water and bring it to a boil or until it dissolves completely. Now use the same water to cook the rice.