- ¼ cup (60ml) ghee/clarified butter
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 2 cups (250g) milk powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons tutti frutti
- 5-6 almonds (roughly chopped)
- 5-6 pistachios (roughly chopped)
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Grease the tray in which you will set the milk powder barfi with ghee and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and then add milk. Now heat the milk for a minute.
- While the milk is heating, in a pan dry roast the desiccated coconut for a minute or two on low heat.
- Once the milk becomes hot add milk powder in two batches and while stirring continuously cook for 3-4 minutes and the mixture will begin to thicken.
- Now add sugar and tutti frutti and mix until well combined.
- At this point, don’t increase the flame and keep stirring continuously, else it might stick to the pan.
- After sometime the mixture will begin to thicken and will separate from the pan. once it forms into a ball like structure, switch off the flame.
- Pour the milk powder burfi mixture in the greased tray and evenly spread it with the help of a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Garnish with some chopped almonds and pistachios and gently press them inside with a spatula.
- Let it set for an hour before cutting them into square shapes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for upto 10 days. Enjoy!
- While making the instant milk powder barfi make sure the flame is not very high as this mixture might stick to the pan.
- Cook the barfi mixture till it forms into a ball like structure, else it wont set properly and will become sticky.
- Do not cook on high heat else the mixture will stick to the pan