For Veg Pulao
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee/clarified butter
- 5 cloves
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 star anise
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 mace/javitri
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper corns
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 medium carrots
- ½ cup french beans
- 1 cup soya chunks (soaked in water for 30 mins)
- 1 cup green peas
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 cup rice
- 1½ cup water
- 1 cup fried paneer/cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander
For Vegetable Raita
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 small onion
- 1 small tomato
- 1 green chilli
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- salt to taste
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making Pulao
- In a pressure cooker heat oil and ghee.
- Now add all the whole spices like, cloves, green cardamoms, star anise, bay leaves, mace, black pepper corns, cinnamon stick and cumin seeds. Now roast them for few seconds.
- Further add sliced onions and cook them for 3-4 minutes or until they get a nice golden brown colour.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and cook for another minute.
- Now add cauliflower and roast them for 2-3 minutes.
- Further add chopped potatoes, french beans, carrots and soya chunks. Now roast the vegetables for 3-4 minutes for better taste and flavour.
- Now add green peas and mix well. I am using frozen peas, if you are using fresh peas then add them with the rest of the vegetables.
- Now add salt, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala and mix well.
- Add rice which was soaked in water for 30 minutes.
- Now add water and mix well.
- Lastly add fried paneer cubes and ghee. Mix once again.
- Pressure cook on medium heat till it gets 2 whistles.
- Serve hot with the raita.
- Make sure the proportion of water and rice is the same. If 1 cup rice then 1½ cups water.
- You can add any vegetables of your choice.
Steps In Making Vegatble Raita
- In a bowl add yoghurt and whisk until smooth.
- Now add finely chopped onions, tomatoes, green chillies, fresh coriander, salt, red chilli powder, black pepper powder and mix well.
- The vegetables raita is ready.