- 250g tendli
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 -4 cloves
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 2 large tomatoes puree
- 2 tablespoons curd
- ¼ cup raw peanuts
- hot water as requiredYo
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon sabzi masala or kitchen king masala
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi
- 8-10 ginger juliennes
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Heat oil in a kadai. Now add tendli and cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until they are 80% cooked. Once done remove it in a plate.
- In a the same kadai add the whole spices; cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon stick and asafoetida.
- Further add finely chopped onions and cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until they get a golden brown colour.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and cook for another minute.
- Add kashmiri red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and desiccated coconut. Mix well and cook for couple of minutes. Add some water so the spices don’t stick to the bottom of the kadai.
- Now add the tomato puree and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Further add curd and while stirring it continuously cook for another minute.
- Now add the raw peanuts and mix well.
- To make the gravy add hot water and cook for few minutes.
- Now add the fried tendli and let the sabji simmer on medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Lastly add kasuri methi, garam masala, sabji masala, ginger juliennes, green chillies and fresh coriander.
- Give it a final mix. The tendli ki sabji is ready. Serve how with roti, paratha or rice.
- Make sure the curd is always at room temperature.
- You can add tomato puree or used finely chopped tomatoes.