If you love wraps then you will enjoy this delicious and easy to make veg wrap recipe. It’s made with simple ingredients that are easily available at home. You can also take any veggies of your choice, which makes this wrap very versatile.
Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes.
For The Filling
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic finely chopped
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 1 medium capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot thinly sliced
- 1 tomato roughly chopped
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon dry mango powder/amchur
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder/haldi
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 4 boiled potatoes mashed or grated
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chilli sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon oregano/mixed herbs
Assemble The Wrap
- 4 whole wheat atta chapati/roti
- Few sliced onions
- ¼ teaspoon chat masala/dry mango powder
- Filling we prepared
- Spicy Mayonnaise we prepared
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Vinod Zest Plus Non-Stick Square Griddle, 24cm: https://amzn.to/35qEpKy
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Place a pan over medium flame and add oil in it. Once it turns hot add chopped ginger and garlic and saute for a minute.
- Now add sliced onions and cook them for couple of minutes.
- Add thinly sliced carrots and saute for a minute.
- Now add tomatoes and salt and cook for two minutes till they turn soft.
- Add capsicum and mix till well combined
- Add all the spices, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and dry mango powder and mix well.
- Further add chilli sauce and tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Lastly add the mashed boiled potatoes and mix until well combined and cook for couple of minutes. The filling s ready.
- To make the spicy mayonnaise for the wrap in a bowl add mayonnaise, ketchup, mixed herbs and chilli flakes. Mix till everything is well combined.
Assembling The Veg Wrap
- Take a whole wheat roti and evenly spread the mayonnaise on it.
- Now add a generous spoonful of the filling in the centre.
- Add some sliced onions and sprinkle amchur powder on it.
- Fold the roti from the bottom and the sides and form a wrap.
- Now place a grill pan or a tawa on medium flame and add some ghee on it.
- Place the rolls and toast them for 2-3 minutes or until perfectly done.
- Serve immediately with ketchup or green chutney.
- You can add any veggies of your choice.
- The mayonnaise spread can be replaced with green coriander chutney or plain ketchup too.
- While assembling the wrap you can add grated cheese on top of the filling..