For Amritsari Paneer Bhurji
- 2 tablespoons gram flour/ besan
- ½ cup yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons pav bhaji masala
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 medium onions
- 2 green chillies
- 2 medium tomatoes
- salt to taste
- 200g paneer
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons onions
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon kasuri methi
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 Kulchas
- 2 tablespoons butter
Note– Please read recipe notes in the end.
Main Equipment Used
- Carote Non-Stick Kadhai: https://amzn.to/3fReEdJ
- Tefal Non-Stick set of 5: https://amzn.to/2Y7mZuX
- Induction cooktop – I use Morphy Richards 1600 Watt Cooktop. You can find it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Jkn4px
Steps In Making
- Dry roast besan in a pan for upto 2 minutes. Once done remove it in a bowl.
- To prepare the masala, in a bowl add yoghurt, coriander powder, cumin powder, pav bhaji masala, black pepper powder, kasuri methi, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and chaat masala. Now mix till everything is well combined.
- Now add the roasted gram flour and mix well, make sure there are no lumps. Add some water if needed.
- To prepare the Amritsari Paneer Bhurji in a pan heat oil and butter.
- Now add finely chopped ginger and roast for a minute.
- Further add sliced onions and sauté them for 3-4 minutes or until light golden brown in colour.
- Now add finely chopped green chillies, sliced tomatoes and salt.
- Cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until the tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- Now add the spices and yoghurt masala we prepared earlier along with some water. Cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add crushed paneer and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Now add milk and let it simmer on medium heat for another 3-4 minutes.
- Lastly add few sliced onions, tomatoes, fresh coriander, garam masala, kasuri methi and butter. Mix well and serve hot with the kulchas.
- To heat the kulchas, add butter on a tawa and heat the kulchas for 2 minutes from each sides.
- Do not add extra gram flour, else the paneer bhurji it will become very thick.
- Always add sliced vegetables for this Amritsari paneer bhurji recipe. As it gives a nice street style taste.
- If you want to skip milk then you can replace it with water. But in authentic Amritsari paneer bhurji recipe, milk is added.